If you are a lover of the outdoors, chances are you have at one stage parked your pride and joy at a park or nature reserve, only to find it covered in tree sap upon your return.
You have possibly heard many tried and tested home remedies for removing tree sap from your paint. Think about them and research them before you go ahead. We have previously been called for mobile scratch repairs from car owners who have used:
- Hand Sanitiser
- Cold Water
- Methylated Spirits
- A run through the car wash
Harsh products and treatments can take away the paint on your car as well as the tree sap.
Leaving the tree sap to sit, and fixing it later can allow dirt and grime to mix in with the sap, making it harder to remove the sap and increasing the likelihood of damage to your paintwork. Remove the sap from your vehicle safely as soon as possible.
Use Warm Water
To remove tree sap in a safer manner, always use warm water. The heat will help to melt the sap and the sugars contained in it.
Use Professional Products
Use professional auto products to remove the tree sap. You can purchase these from major supermarkets, services stations, department stores and stores that specialize in car parts and products. You will need:
- A microfibre cloth
- Solvent spray
- Detailing spray
- Spray wax for car paint protection
- Drench your cloth with the solvent spray and place your cloth over the sap on your vehicle. Apply pressure. Wipe the sap away with a clean area of the cloth. Repeat this step as many times as necessary to remove all the sap.
- Using a clean microfibre cloth and the spray, wipe down any areas with sap residue remaining.
- Finish with some spray wax for car paint protection on the affected area when you are done.
Consider Hiring an Expert
At What Scratch? We can expertly remove sap you’re your vehicle surface, as well as correct any scratches and chips on your vehicle. If you have left the sap to sit for some time, or do not have the materials required, contact us on 1300 283 333.
What Scratch? can quickly repair any cosmetic issues with your car at a time and a place that suits you. Our friendly team of mobile professionals comes to you for mobile scratch repairs and more. Request a quote today!